unFold is a Twitter-zine published by Folded Word. It posts three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). The zine is edited by Rose Auslander. unFold is now accepting well-written, “PG-ish” tweets in any poetic form. If you would like to submit poems, please take note of the guidelines below.
unFold, the successor to Form.Reborn on Folded Word, is a PG-rated experimental poetry journal that seeks inspired 140 character (including spaces) Tweets, suitable for mobile poem text messages. unFold seeks to develop Form140, and invites those submitting to improvise solutions to Twitter’s inhospitability to traditional line breaks, as described at Form21. Ultimately, we want digestible poems written in present tense that mobile phone users will enjoy to the point of forwarding.
Accepted manuscripts will be published on Twitter, archived on our blog, and potentially combined in a collection that will be released as an e-book. If your manuscript is chosen as a “3 Cheers” winner, it will also be released as a YouTube video. By submitting your work, you are agreeing to grant us non-exclusive electronic rights to publish your manuscript in these three formats, which may be archived indefinitely. We donate a portion of our Twitter-zine anthologies’ net profits to charity.
- Editor: Rose Auslander
- Reading Period: year round
- Issue Close Date: 31 December of each year
- Publication Date: generally released as an unFold Twitter update each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Poems may also appear in e-book anthologies.
- Number of Poems Needed: a total of 150 Tweets per year, some of which may be parts of serial poems
- Maximum Number of Poems per Submission: either 6 single day poems, or serial poems that total no more than 3 stanzas. Please limit your submissions to one batch per calendar month
- Simultaneous Submissions: no
- Previously Published Submissions: no
- Royalty: no
- Other Perqs: complimentary e-book anthology for any volume in which your work appears.
Submissions should be sent in the body of an email to email@example.com with “submission” in the subject line. Please be sure to use your word processor’s word count tool to check your character count. We cannot accept submissions over 140 characters (including spaces/line breaks) per episode. Be sure to include your name & pen name plus a link to your bio in your email.
For permissions or press enquiries:
79 Tracy Way
Meredith, NH USA
603.707.4595 (Skype message line)
editors [at] foldedword [dot] com