unFold, the successor to Form. Reborn on Folded Word, is a PG-rated experimental poetry journal that seeks inspired 140 character (including spaces) Tweets, suitable for mobile poem text messages. unFold seeks to develop Form140, and invites those submitting to improvise solutions to Twitter’s inhospitability to traditional line breaks, as described at Form21. Ultimately, we want digestible poems written in present tense that mobile phone users will enjoy to the point of forwarding.
- Reading Period: year round
- First Issue Close Date: 31 December, 2010
- Publication Date: e-book poetry collection will be released each year, one Tweet will be released as an unFold Twitter update each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Number of Poems Needed: a total of 150 Tweets per year, some of which may be parts of serial poems
- Maximum Number of Poems per Submission: either 6 single day poems, or serial poems that total no more than 3 episodes. Please wait until we have replied to your first batch before sending another.
- Simultaneous Submissions: no
- Previously Published Submissions: no
Submissions should be sent in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “submission” in the subject line. Please be sure to use your word processor’s word count tool to check your character count. We cannot accept submissions over 140 characters (including spaces/line breaks) per episode. Be sure to include your name & pen name plus a link to your bio in your email.